Detail: SS. Peter and Paul Fortress, Bell-Tower of SS. Peter and Paul Cathedral. 1716. Etching, chisel. The Hermitage, St. Petersburg, Russia. More.
St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral. Bell-Tower. Built in 1712-1733 by the Italian architect Domenico Trezini. The height of the bell-tower is 122.5 m, its spire is 40 m, the height of the angel on the spire is 3.2 m, the span of its wings 3.8 m. The wooden spire of the bell-tower was finished in 1724, the clock from Holland was installed at the same time. In 1756 the tower was ruined by fire, caused by lightning. It was restored in 1776. The new clock by the Dutch master Oort Kras was installed. The wooden constructions were changed into metal ones.
St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral is the burial place of all Russian Emperors and members of their families.
Also see:Alexey Zubov. View of St. Petersburg.