c.1437-1440. Oil on panel. National Gallery, London, UK. More.
Exhumation of St. Hubert
took place in 825, when the relic of St. Hubert were transferred from his tomb in St. Peter’s Church, Liege, to Benedictine abbey of Andage. Bishop Walcaud of Liege, swinging a censer, is in the foreground on the left. Emperor Louis the Pious (778-840) and Archbishop Adelward of Cologne are kneeling accordingly on the left and on the right side of the altar