Evgraf Fedorovich Krendovsky, born in 1810,
Russia, was the son of a low-ranking military officer, and began his own
career in police of the town of Arzamas, Russia.
In early 1830s he came to St. Petersburg
to Venetsianovís school. He stayed with Venetsianov
till 1835, when he had to return home for family reasons. Later he worked
as a private teacher of art of the children of a noble landlady V. M. Ostrogradskaya
in her estate in Poltava, Ukraine. Staying there he painted portraits on
commissions from the local gentry, executed genre scenes and portraits
of the common people, had commissions from the local churches. Before World
War II many of his works were collected together in a small museum of the
painter. Unfortunately during the war the museum was burnt, the destiny
of the paintings is unknown.
The last years Krendovsky lived in the
estate of his brother in Nizhegorodsky Guberniya (region). He died there